Monday, October 17, 2016

Overboard



Egg plant or as we call them here in Austria, Melanzani, is one of my favorite. It's just beautiful vegetable that is nearly perfect when bought. It seems whenever I buy them they're never bruised, under or over ripe or too hard or too soft.  There are so many ways to cook melanzani: whether adding it to the ingredients or simply stuffing them with the ingredients. In this case, you might say I went overboard by stuffing them with what I could find.  Looking back on this pic it's hard to recall exactly what I used, but nonetheless it was with without meet & with soya granulate, tomato, zucchini and seemingly chopped pumpkin seeds on top... Next time I'll be sure to remember the ingredients and especially herbs & spices. It's just often I cook with passion and love to experiment with taste & texture and use the ingredients I have in my kitchen. It's not always necessary to run out with a shopping list to buy the necessary ingredients when most of us have them in the refrigerator or closet.

Nutrition Fact: Eggplant is a very good source of dietary fiber, vitamin B1 and copper. It is a good source of manganese, vitamin B6, niacin, potassium, folate and vitamin K. Eggplant also contains phytonutrients such as nasunin and chlorogenic acid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment